Travelling by Car

January 27, 2020

Travelling by Car

In St Vincent & the Grenadine, like England we drive on the left side of the road. Driving on the narrow, twisting roads can be an adventure, but you will soon enjoy the challenge and start driving like a “Vincy”.

Road signs are limited but locals are usually happy to direct you.

Remember to sound your horn at sharp curves and turns!

Most local car rental companies will happily collect you at your hotel or airport.

Drivers Licences:

A temporary drivers licence, costing EC$100 (US$38) and valid for 6 months, can be obtained from the police station on Bay Street, the Licensing Authority on Halifax Street or from the special branch officer at the Argyle International Airport, with the presentation of a valid overseas drivers licence. Your car hire agent will assist you with getting a permit. If you have an International Driving Licence you must visit the Traffic Department in Kingstown to have it registered - There is no charge. Caricom nationals may drive with a valid Caricom drivers licence.